Tuesday, April 29, 2008

She's coming Mom

Okay, so I was holding T the other day and he looked at me and said, "Mom, baby sister's coming." My immediate response was to punk him for information (I'll explain in a minute), which was followed shortly by panic. I realized that there are still a few things that need to be done to be completely ready for our new little one. I decided that we had better take his advice and get going.

My initial response to punk him for information is in regards to a story that I read as I was completing our 10 hours that we needed for our approval. I read a story about a little boy whose family was adopting. They were told that they still had awhile to wait for a baby. His birthday was the next day and he told his parents that he just wanted his baby borther or sister instead of presents. His birthday came and there was no baby but he assured his mother that their baby would be there for his birthday party later that day. Shortly before the party the phone rang and their case worker told them that they had a baby waiting for them!!!! Hence my panic at his comment. I'm always amazed at how close children are to the spirit.

We're all hoping that T got his information from a reliable source and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new little one. Wherever he or she may be we hope that all is well with them and our sweet birthmother. We're so anxious to meet you both!!!!!

0 comments: