Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The "Fishing Cole"

So after our fishing success at Bushkill Falls we decided to invest in a couple of fishing poles. We even bought a little Cars pole for T, which he calls his "fishing cole." So we've been fishing five out of the last seven days and have gotten nothing but nibbles. Finally we bought some chicken liver and headed back down to the Delaware to try again. Success!!!! Eric caught a fish with T's "fishing cole." It was awesome watching him reel in this fish with this tiny Cars pole!!! As soon as he realized he had one, I quickly reeled in my line to go help him with his. As I pulled in my line there was this tiny little fish dangling off the end. So we both caught a fish, though Eric's was more impressive than mine.

Before we left, Eric decided to clean the fish really quickly. I was trying to distract T while he worked. In the middle of trying to keep T's attention I felt a bite and started to reel the fish in. The fish managed to get away, but he had kept my attention just long enough for T to run over to see what Dad was doing. All of a sudden I hear, "Ewwww, yuck!!! Mom, Dad broke the fish! He broke it!!!" What would we do without him?

Oh yeah, did I mention that I grabbed the camera that didn't have any batteries in it? Nice huh? So we don't have any pics of the fish but here is a pic of T's "fishing cole." Yep, that's what Eric caught his prize fish with. :)

0 comments: