Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pre-Christmas Festivities

On our first night in Twin my youngest brother played in the championship basketball game. Unfortunately, they lost, but Ryan played a great game.

Ryan with the ball.

T loves watching basketball games. However, he is not very fond of the buzzer. Thankfully, we had Dad's earmuffs with us.

Here is Ryan getting his second place medal.
We also had a blast building gingerbread houses with everyone. Tayeson, Lindsay, and Ryan worked on the big house and Brett attempted to assemble the little gingerbread village that my sister found. It was pretty entertaining.

Here is T helping with the assembly.

He had such a great time being around all of his aunts and uncles.

Here is Brett trying to put together the tiny little houses that make up the village. He had quite a time getting the houses to stay together.

He also had multiple mishaps with the icing bag.

Yep, multiple mishaps. I would think that he would realize that you need to close off the open end of the bag before applying pressure. I guess I was wrong. (I love you Brett!!!!)

T had a great time fingering all of the candy before applying it to the house. I'm so glad he doesn't like candy.

He did such a good job decorating the houses.
One of Brett's houses had some structural issues.

And this was how he fixed it. I'm not seeing much promise for a job in the construction business.

And here are Brett's final creations (the ones that actually stayed together).

Quite impressive for a 17-year-old isn't it?

I'm sorry, but I have to pick on him. Because of his lack of skills we had some seriously great laughs. :)

And to be fair to Brett, the larger house also ended up with some structural issues as well. Despite it all, we had a really great time putting them together.

0 comments: