Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Body Lies Over the Ocean

So it seems Tayeson is learning a new song at school lately, the old traditional Scottish song "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean." I was pleased at first as I heard Tayeson singing the Scottish folk song in the other room. As I listened the song just didn't sound right as they often do from a 5 year-old's interpretation. But as I kept listening I just couldn't put a finger on what he was changing. Then he came into the room and clear as day he sang... "Bring back, Bring Back, Bring back my BODY to Me-e..." I couldn't help but attempt to correct him, cute and catchy as the new version of the song was. I didn't want him to break out into the chorus while we were in line at the grocery store or worse the hospital. "No son" I said, "it's BoNNie, not Body." No matter what I said, it's still body and he is sticking to it. So there you go, Tayeson's body lies over the ocean...

0 comments: