Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This Is Why I Hate Surprises!!!

Tayeson and I had quite a scare this morning when our security alarm went off at 5:00. Eric was working until 7:00 and wouldn't be home until about 8:00. My initial impression was that it was Eric and he was home early so I called him as I was heading down to the second floor to turn off the alarm. The problem was that he didn't answer and he also had the remote for the alarm so he should be able to turn it off himself!!!! Of course I realized all this as soon as I turned off the alarm. As soon as it was off I could hear someone slamming up against the door on the first floor trying to get in. It finally sunk in that it probably wasn't Eric. I quickly ran upstairs, grabbed Tayeson, locked us both into my room, and called the police. As soon as I got off the phone with the police Eric called and told me that he was downstairs trying to get in the garage door and asked if I could let him in. Apparently he had forgotten which button turned off the alarm and had pushed the panic button instead!!! He had decided to surprise me by coming home early and climbing into bed unannounced. Shortly after I let him in the police showed up and we were able to explain the situation. I'm so grateful that they arrived so quickly!!! All this made for quite the morning and as you can imagine, Tayeson and I weren't able to go back to sleep. I have since written on the remote indicating which button turns it off and which one turns it on. People always wonder why I hate surprises. Because they always seem turn out like this!!! Overall, I'm just grateful that everyone is alright and I guess we got some good practice in so that we're ready in case of the real thing.

0 comments: