Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Valley Forge

Yesterday we decided to keep up the biking trend so we headed out to Valley Forge. For awhile we were afraid we might get rained on but it ended up being a really nice day. We biked another 8-9 miles around the park. Valley Forge is so beautiful. There are deer everywhere. They're so used to people that you can practically walk right up to them without them running away. T thought that was really cool.

Being in a place where 3,000 of our American soldiers died over the course of one winter is very humbling. I am amazed at the sacrifices our forefathers were willing to make for freedom. There was no great battle fought at Valley Forge, our soldiers died from starvation, sickness, or they froze to death. Freedom was so important to them that they were willing to endure unthinkable hardships. Even though they had no food or warm clothing they didn't abandon the cause of freedom. I have a deep respect for those who have paid the price for me. I want to say thank you to family, friends, and complete strangers who continue to pay the price for our freedom.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Whitney - I don't know if you remember us, but I found your blog through someone from our Boise ward...Gregg and I enjoyed reading up a little about your cute family. Of all the people we missed when we moved from Boise, you guys were at the top of the list. I'm glad to see that you seem so happy!! Tayeson is adorable!! I wish we could get him together with my boys - - it looks like they love the exact same things...cars, rocks in water, bike rides, etc.... Anyway, hope all continues to go well for you!
Amber Rawlings